FIRST TIME VISITOR/ONLINE BUYER?
Hello and welcome to our website. There's a large amount of information available to our customers online so here are some starting tips to help you find your way around.
Firstly, let’s look along the top of the screen………
Log in or Register?
We recommend you login before you start adding items to your shopping cart. There is a good reason for this and it saves a lot of frustration. If you are making an order and you are interrupted or you wish to consider your order over several days, you can login each time and find the items still remain in your cart until you checkout and process your payment. It also enables us to help you more easily if you having problems.
There are two options, left or right.
Left Hand Side:
If you are a new customer and have never logged in before, click on New Customer? on the left-hand side and enter your email address. This will take you the next screen where you can enter all of your details.
Please note: Under no circumstances do we share our database information with anyone. Your privacy is important to us!
Right Hand Side:
If you are an existing customer (you have logged onto our website before), go to the right-hand side and enter your email address. Then enter your password. If you have forgotten your password, click on that option after entering your email address and a new password will be emailed to you immediately. You can then change this password in your account details to something you will remember.
When you have successfully logged in, a Welcome message will display with your first name and the ‘Log In’ at the top of the screen will change to ‘Log Out’. You are now on the ‘My Account’ page where you have options to change your details. If you are still experiencing problems, give us a call as we’re really happy to check your details and get you logged in.
To proceed from here you have several options for looking at our products:
- Use the Search box. (See below for more tips on this)
- Use the quick checkout if you have our Catalogue codes and are ready to order
- Hover your cursor over the categories to see further options to choose from eg. ‘Vegetables’ gives you choices for searching by Groups, When to Sow, Cuisine Types, or an Alphabetical search.
- Click on ‘Home’ to navigate around our website eg. Find Top Sellers and Specials, read the Blog or go to our Facebook Page, find our Contact Details, read Frequently Asked Questions.
At any time, you can click on the Shopping Cart and go directly to the list of items you have selected so far. Similar to all online websites with a shopping facility, your shopping cart will show you what you have ordered so far and the number beside the cart increments with each item added to your cart.
The Shopping Cart will always be at the top of the screen so that you can click on it at any time to see your order as you go.
Please note: This is preferable to clicking on the back arrow at the top of the screen as we find this gets the system quite confused at times, so just keep clicking on the shopping cart or other buttons to move around.
On the ‘My Account’ page you can update your details - your email address or postal address, your password, etc.
If you click on this, you will be directed to the answers for the most commonly asked questions, including detailed instructions on how to place an order and where all components of an order are explained.
Use this to check:
- ‘Our Favourite’ products and sponsors for our newsletter Early Bird giveaways.
- NZ Stockists of our seed.
- Companies who can help with items we do not supply but for which we are regularly asked.
Find here all the ways you can contact us. During our busiest time (July to October,) you may find our phone lines and fax are very busy so emailing is the best option. You can use the form on this page.
Using the ‘Search’ Function
This is the best tool for finding whatever you are looking for. Type in a word and hit enter or click on the magnifying glass symbol.
Sometimes your first search may not find anything so here are some tips for searching:
- Less is more – enter one word rather than many eg. “pumpkin” rather than “crown pumpkin”.
- Some items may be called a different name to what you are expecting eg. courgette is known as zucchini.
- If you enter a variety name, keep in mind we may not call it that eg. Broccolini is called Broccoli Tender Stems in our range.
- Check your spelling and spaces can make a difference between whether a search finds a result or not.
- The search looks at variety names and also the descriptions so if your search word exists in a description it will be listed in your results.
When you have found the item/s you are searching for, you can click on the picture and this will take you to more information about this product eg. Number of seeds in a packet, Germination temperatures, Times to sow, etc.
There is a line of information at the end of the text which we call our Information Bar. To the left of the screen you will see "Information Bars Explained". If you're not sure "What's What", click there.
Using the Categories
All our products have been allocated to one or more categories to help you find them easily. This also will help you to find groups of products eg. organic herbs, heirloom tomatoes, flowers that are edible.
Hover your cursor/mouse over the headings and a drop-down will show you the categories you can explore.
Further categories like Top Sellers, Monthly Specials can be found on the ‘Home’ page. Just click on the ‘Home’ button near the top left of the page.
Further categories can be found if you scroll to the bottom of the Home Page.
When you search using the categories, each time you click on a step, that category name will appear towards the top of your screen and could look something like this:
Home>Vegetables>Vegetable Groups>Organic Veges>Organic Bean Blue Lake Dwarf
If you add something to your shopping cart, this “list” will remain on your screen and all you have to do to return to where you were, is to click on the category that you wish to return to.
Use the Frequently Asked Questions as well as our Tips & Techniques to find answers to your queries.