(Triticum aestivum) is wheat grown to a baby leaf stage, a highly nutritious and cleansing food source rich in vitamins, minerals, Amino acids, antioxidants and enzymes. It is said to:
· Lower blood pressure and cholesterol level
· Increase Haemoglobin (red blood cells)
· Relieve blood sugar disorders such as Diabetes
· Aid in the prevention of some cancers
· Neutralise and eliminate toxins in the body.
Easy to grow. Sow seedling trays thickly with seed - approximately 100g -150g (¾ to 1 cup). Lightly cover with soil or mix. Keep well watered. Harvest at 10-15 days when shoots are 20-25cm high. Discard root mass. Put shoots in a food processor or blender and reduce to a liquid mass. Drink 5 -10 ml per day washed down with 2 glasses of water preferably at meal times. Can be stored in the fridge for a week or frozen/freeze dried without any loss of goodness.